Welcome to the Biosensors Research Lab
We are a multidisciplinary research group at the University of Manitoba developing lab-on-a-chip devices for biological and biomedical applications. We take engineering approaches to design and fabricate sensors that are able to detect and manipulate cells and biomolecules. On-chip electrical measurement is one of our prime research areas enabling label-free detection of biological phenomena. Find more about our research in our Research page. To join our group, check the openings in the “Join Us” section below.
- June 26, 2022: Congratulations to our PhD students, Behnam Arzhang and Mohammad Rezaeimeybodi, for receiving the University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship awards.
- May 1, 2022: Congratulations to our PhD student, Behnam Arzhang, for receiving the IEEE Microwave Theory and Technology Society Graduate Fellowship in Medical Application category.
- April 1, 2022: Our lab received $320,000 funding from the Canada Foundation for Innovation, Research Manitoba, and the University of Manitoba for equipment purchase.
- Covid-19 pandemic research interruption
- July 7, 2020: IMS 2020 is going Online. The virtual conference will be held 4-6 August 2020. Checkout their website for registration.
- March 17, 2020: The University of Manitoba stops all in-person activities due to Covid-19.
- February 13, 2020: Congratulations to Azita Fazelkhah on her successful PhD defence with thesis title “Single Cell Analysis and Quantitative Modelling of Ion Concentration and Dielectric Properties of Chinese Hamster Ovary Cells”.
- May 27, 2019: Congratulations to Samaneh Afshar Delkhah on her successful PhD defence with thesis title “Wideband Dielectrophoresis Cytometer for Studying Single Cells under Starvation and Thermal Stresses”.
- May 13, 2019: IEEE Sensors 2019 will be held in Montreal, October 27-30, 2019.
- May 07, 2019: Congratulations to Zhi Ang Wang for winning the second place in the Manitoba Materials Conference 2019 poster competition.
- May 07, 2019: Manitoba Material Conference 2019 .
Would Like to Join Us?
We welcome inquiries about positions in our lab and actively search for qualified students to join our group. If you are interested in our research please email us your CV and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested in our research and how you foresee contributing to the lab.
- Masters position available for microfluidic device fabrication. Cleanroon experience is required. Please contact Dr. Elham Salimi.